Sunday, January 3, 2010

Good Intentions verse God Intentions

The New Year always brings peace. It's the start of a new beginning a new year and a new time to set forth goals to become someone you want to be and to but aside who you were. I've been thinking about New Years Resolutions and i have a few.... At least I have a few things that i would like to happen but just happen to be out of my control (example: going to JBU for Free and well the obvious a relationship).

At church today (lifechurch.tv) I listened to Craig Groshell and was really inspired to have "God Intentions" not just "good intentions." His main question throughout the sermon was, "What do you want from God?" If i could have one thing from God what would it be. I have to answer this question and then center my prayers around it. Some people might wish for a friend to be saved, contentment, restored marriage, freedom from addictions, and the list goes on. I haven't decided what I want from God. I don't know what my "God intention" should be. Over the next few days I'm going to be praying for guidance from the Holy Spirit and analyzing what God might want me to have from Him.

Another question that Craig had was "What do you lack?" My thought was "so so much". I'm also going to be praying about an awareness of what i'm lacking. Currently I feel like I'm living in disappointment and sin. I hate the struggles that i'm going through right now. But hey, it's time for a change... right?

The third question was "What do you need to let go?" I also do not have an answer for this one. I thought I think i've forgiven everyone... But i'm sure there is something hiding from me trying not to escape the clench of my fist.


So 2010 should be an interesting year. I'll let you know what my answers are to the questions. But if you want to answer them yourself I think it would benefit you to listen to Craig's sermon on www.lifechurch.tv the sermon is called "One Thing".

I've also been thinking, should I reflect on the year past? well sure.

My favorite and most meaningful memories
1. My trip to New York City - Class with Gordon Venturella, Exegeting the American City
2. My summer internship at New Day Foster Home. Probably the best time of my life. It was extremely hard but God taught me so much about his faithfulness and unconditional love. Part of my heart is still in Beijing...
3. Senior year!!!!! woot woot!!!! Sad to go but i'm ready.

Shout out to my friends
1. Korri Lee Sears -- My right arm. Always there for me in everything, even my most dramatic moments
2. Chelsea Combs -- My starbucks buddy and crazy friend.

3. Morgan Weece -- My breakfast buddy who wakes me up in the morning.
4. Lindsey Doolittle -- My boss and friend...keeps the income flowing.
5. Molly Kruse -- My purple loving friend who allows me to love pink and not be ashamed.
6. Jess Moore -- My Honorary roomate.
7. Brady Roberts -- My friend who lives in Kansas and who I miss a lot.
8. Charlie Landis -- My card playing, awkward, deep conversations, share everything in life friend.
9. David Heffren -- My card playing friend when homework is not in the way....
10. Andrew Temm -- My "I've got an awesome apartment" and can make good spaghetti friend.
11. David Anderson -- My Asia loving friend
12. Ben Anderson -- My love hate relationship friend
13.Joseph Lang -- My reliable/always at pre teen friend
14. April Fillman -- My second mother and brings me so much laughter friend.
15. Karen Feiock Smith -- My married her high school sweetheart and we've been through so much together friend
16. Alicia Jacobsen -- My crazy best friend since 3rd grade.
17. Tracy Smith -- My Arkansas cutest accent and loving heart/always there for you friend.
18. Camille Conely - My Alumni/don't let stereotypes get us down friend.
19. Caitlyn Lippett -- My funny/i understand your craziness friend.

This turned into a long list... I think the title should now be called "I thankful for these..."

Well, this is all I can think of right now.

p.s. after the 3rd picture I got sick of trying to upload and such... sorry, but you can search through facebook if you need picture to picture detail :)

peace and love,

Kinsey

1 comment:

  1. lol good post! I laughed out loud when i saw how you described Doolittle....2 weeks until you can start beating everyone in Nertz!

    ReplyDelete

Followers