Monday, January 4, 2010

XXI , year of the Ox





I was born in 1988, year of the dragon. My mom and dad have told me that when I was born it was snowing. I looked it up online. It snowed 12.1 inches the day I was born (Oklahoma City). What's funny is I really do not like snow, unless I'm with friends and I have a big hill and an awesome sled. 21 years have past and I like to think back of all the memories but it's impossible. I can't wait until i'm in heaven and I don't have to worry about memory loss and I'll be able to think about all the memories in my lifetime.

So time for another evaluation of the years past. Luckily for me my mom documented "great" moments in my life such as when I walked, the first words, etc... I won't bore you with those. I already bored you yesterday with brief moments of the year so I'm not going to go down that path.

However, I am very curious to see what is going to happen with my life. Graduation is 5 months away. It's absolutely terrifying typing that out. I have a few ideas of what I want to do but I know a lot of rejection is going to come my way. I'm going to apply for a lot of jobs, even jobs that are out of my league but I'm trusting that God will provide for me and everything will work out. It's going to be exciting to see how everything turns out and to "start" a new "phase" in my life. I'm totally pumped about grad school, I'm not however, totally pumped about the possibility of moving back in with my parents but we'll take it one step at a time.

Maybe now that i'm out of Ozark and officially not a college student but a "grad student" I'll meet someone. Someone once told me (Charlie Landis) that you are more appealing and more dateable when you're not in college and sometimes even irresistible ... (I might have added the last part :) ) I have hope that "mr. right" is out there waiting for me, but for now I'll be patient and content....

And now for another list, a list of things that happened while being 21.
1. I turned 21 in New York City, Celebrating with a shot of espresso
2. I went to Florida with my friends Korri and Chelsea for Spring break and chilled in a retirement community (blast!!!)
3. I said goodbye to a ton of graduating friends.
4. I raised $5000 to go to China.
5. I went to China and worked at New Day, and it inevitably changed my life.
a. Met Katie and Amanda from Manhattan Christian College and they began family to me
b. Met Jovy, Jamie, Caroline, and many others in China and have made friends with them for a lifetime
c. Perfected the use of a squatty potty.
d. Went to the beach in China... with Chinese friends and had many many memories--- funny and terrifying
e. Learned a little bit of Chinese, can use chopsticks, and eat rice like no bodies business.
f. Consider myself a "mother" to the orphans and feel responsible for their rescue.
6. I came back from China...
7. I started my senior year
8. I quit Gymboree and starting working at a Daycare
9. I started volunteering at church in the Pre Teen Youth group
10. I was accepted into John Brown's Graduate Program.

I'm excited for XXII year 22. I'm praying for God's blessing and guidance during a changing time.

Love,

Kinsey

1 comment:

  1. ADORE your 21 list--what an amazing commentary to look back on. And I ADORE your pics-sweet, sweet, sweet. You are DEFINITELY irresistible!

    ReplyDelete

Followers