Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sheep

Let the struggles begin. It seems that these past few weeks have been extremely hard. I have not been a "good girl," not that being good matters but my attitude and actions have not been Christ like. I also haven't been disciplined in reading the Word and praying. It always seems to go hand in hand, struggles and no motivation to follow. Once again I've been a stray little sheep lagging in the back of the flock. Luckily God's been in the back with his staff guiding me and gently hitting me with the staff to get back in line.

I wrote about the sermon called "one thing" and how I was going to pray about what one thing I needed from God this year. Well I think he's been telling me all week. The one thing I need from God this year is for HIM to be enough. I need to be satisfied and content in the Lord. I also need to acknowledge God's faithfulness and power. He is so powerful, i must remember this. I'm not too surprised that I need to ask God to be enough. I always seem to put things in front of him... and i hate that I do it! I want to know his Word and who he is, so this year I have the hope that God is going to teach me satisfaction and contentment in him. This is probably almost guaranteeing that I won't be getting married anytime soon (haha). Doug Welch said in a sermon at Ozark, "If the ache of your life is only a shadow, you've created an idol" This really hit home with me because too often I complain about my singleness and my loneliness and I put "relationship" on the pedestal and think "if only..." Luckily Doug opened my eyes to the fact that I had created an idol! I had no idea and it felt good to be convicted.

I can only imagine what the next months have in store for me. When you want to change usually it comes with pain and hardships, being refined in the fire is not a comfortable process but if I want to become like silver I have to go through the fire. So I hope you look forward to praying for me, I'm certainly going to need it!

Blessings,

Kinsey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers