Monday, May 24, 2010

Paving the way

I'm officially a graduate of Ozark Christian College! We had an amazing commencement service on Saturday. To me it felt more like a commissioning service, sending us out to reach the nations. I was encouraged and filled with joy, pride, love, and admiration. I was so excited to know that I went to such an amazing and supportive school where my professors pray for not only me but all of the students... by name.

I said goodbye to some of my closest and dearest friends. Some i'll see in a few months, others in a year or two. I also said goodbye to my home of 4 years. It's so strange to think that I'm no longer a student at Ozark and that I'll never be moving back into the dorm (that is unless I become a dorm parent... haha!) I came to this realization when my mom pulled into our driveway and we started unloading all of my belongings. And then it came... emotional breakdown. I just started bawling. My sweet mom just asked what i needed and tried to calm me down. I guess it's just a process (at least for me).

Here's the thing, I have to keep a positive attitude. I have to realize that it's my time to give back. So many people have been investing in me and now it's my time to show them what God has done in me. I received a really awesome note on graduation day from my friend Connor. He gave me a new perspective and it read this, "I know it may seem like you're leaving a lot behind, but you're not. you're just paving the way until the rest of us can join you in the real world; and frankly, I can't think of a better person for the job that you." It's true. Eventually all of my friends will leave Ozark and move on with their lives. It's exciting to think of all the possible connections that i'll have in the future and the possibility of working with some of my friends in ministry. I'm excited to see how God works in the lives of the ones I call family. What an amazing adventure ahead of me (us).

I thought I'd post a few pictures of the day


Connor thanks for the encouraging words!


Benny Bear thanks for teaching me about useless "modes" of music


Andy Pants thanks for always make me tea!


David thanks for being an amazing friend and brother!


To my girls Molly, Morgan, and Jess thank you for being amazing friends, sisters, and prayer warriors.


Dave and Charlie, Thank you for showing me true unconditional friendship. Thank you for teaching me the art of nertz and blogging. You guys are great.


And a final Group photo!

1 comment:

  1. Here's the deal....LOL No but really, I loved the whole "commencement"/"commission" service. Also, I can only imagine you being a dorm mom. That would be the sweetest dorm ever! And one final comment...Get your Pave on, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Followers