Friday, December 25, 2009

Blizzardy Christmas Thoughts...

Christmas was a little different this year. With the Oklahoma Blizzard tradition blew out the window and Mom, Dad, and I were snowed in. We were able to make it to the Christmas Eve service where I was picked to read a Scripture for the service because I go to Bible college. The exact words from my pastor was, "Since you go to Bible school we wanted to show them that you can read Scripture" very encouraging... :). After the service (6:15) we headed home to pick up some dinner to take to Grandpa and Grandma's house. The streets were so bad that we hardly made it home and the annual Christmas Eve with the Grandparents was cancelled. We were also suppose to travel in the morning to Oklahoma City but that too was cancelled. I have travelled to Oklahoma City every year on Christmas... this was a bummer. Anyways, with these things in mind I was told to sleep in (who does that on Christmas) and that we would open presents around 5 when my brother Jacob and his wife came over. I waited all day long to open presents! Oh, and I didn't sleep in. I woke up at 8:00 bright eyed and ready to go!

Although my family and I were not able to follow tradition it was a very peaceful and wonderful Christmas day. I was able to think and relax and do my own thing. It was really nice. I was slightly bored but it really put my mind to rest and the focus wasn't on what am I getting, it was on family and Jesus... which is really what it should be about.

I was listening to Taylor Swift sing, "Silent Night" and I just love her version of it. It's beautiful. The song really fits into the Christmas season. Silent night, Christ our savior is born. Yesterday at the Eve service my pastor said, "Jesus came to bring light into the darkness, that's what CHristmas is about. It's about the light putting out the darkness." I loved how he said it. It really made me think, especially since the sanctuary was filled with candles. A beautiful reminder that God is the light of the world and that we, as his children should shine like stars in the heavens.

So shine on. Peace. Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts Kinseth! I think it is awesome that you were basically forced to think about what really matters on Christmas lol But I am kind of OCD when it comes to following family traditions...I don't know how I would have fared.

    ReplyDelete

Followers