Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Purposeful intentions

There are times in my life when I get down on myself and I throw myself a "Princess Kinsey Pity Party" I call it the "PkPP" I'd like to say it's an annul event, however, it seems to happen more often than i like. I was listening to a sermon by Beth Moore the other day at Bible Study when she said something that really opened my eyes. I'm not sure why I had never thought of it before but it seemed so purposeful for me to hear that evening. She was describing how often times we feel sorry for ourselves and we wonder why we are different or why our paths have twists and turns they way they do and then she said this, "you're not being picked on, you're being picked out... you are chosen." This resonated within my soul. Am I really chosen to be in ministry? Did God really pick me to do this? I believe He did. There is no doubt in my mind that God has laid the paths before me that i have walked down... I could have chosen a different path but I'm glad my soul wanted to be where Jesus was leading me. I hope that maybe this encourages you. God has chosen you to do great things for his glory. So if/when you're discouraged look up to the heavens and remember that HE chose you for a purpose...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kins. I throw "KcPP" all the time (King Charlie Pity Parties). So you are not alone sis! But I fully believe that your path is going to be a God-glorifying. Aren't you excited that Blake is going to be in Joppa with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'm so excited that Blake is going to Joppa! It'll be so nice to have someone from Ozark there!!! We'll also have to show them how CCO does a few things too...

    ReplyDelete

Followers