Thursday, September 30, 2010

A new kind of me...

I've been in Maryland for 3 weeks now. Time sure has flown by! I'm still discovering the town, city, and well east coast. Most days I get lost if I try and explore and sometimes I get lost on my way to work. I wish i wasn't so geographically and directionally challenged. The family I live with have some of the kindest hearts i have ever met. They love missions and the church and they are big volunteers! Obviously this family is well loved in the church.

My job is crazy. I still haven't figured everything out but it all comes with time. Mountain (the church i work out) is going to be a wonderful learning opportunity for me. The staff and members are absolutely wonderful. Community is key here at this church.

I'm immersing myself in the "culture" of Maryland and the church staff life. I never knew how much responsibility i signed up for when choosing to go into ministry. I had no idea that people are always looking at me and that appearance really does matter when you are in a ministry position. You must always look pure and not allow people to "assume." My mind set has completely changed from being selfish to being focused on the mission of the church.

It may seem that my life here in MD is just peachy and perfect, however, it does come with heartache, homesickness, and humility. I used to be so independent. I didn't have to rely on any one for directions or guidance... I did everything myself. Now I have to get step by step directions, hugs from strangers, and counsel for my spirit that seems to be in the refining process.

My friend was talking to me the other day on chat and he asked me what I was struggling with, my answer was the whole transition from being in college and moving to Maryland. Tresor responded to me with this:
"Transitions are our training ground for our calling, it's where we learn the difference between being called and being driven. It is the time we are refined for what we are truly called to."
These words that Tresor told me really spoke to my soul. They have been my prayer the last few days. I really do find that God is refining me and molding me into the woman that he wants me to be today, tomorrow, and in years to come. Needless to say, I think that after a year I am going to be a completely new person. I'm excited for the journey that God is leading me on and I can't wait for the doors that are awaiting my arrival.

Blessings,

Kinsey


"Maryland Me"

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are transitioning/training right now! I wish you would smile more in your picture though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Followers